Friday, April 3, 2009

Loaning money

Have you ever loaned money to someone and they say, "I'll pay you back next week when I get paid."? I've loaned money out many times over the years, to family, and it always seems that they don't pay me when they say they will.

Suddenly, when "next week" comes and they get paid, they realize that other bills need to be paid and use their paycheck for the bills instead. As if they need my money more than I do. Or, because I had the ability to loan it, I really don't "need" it. That's a bunch of B.S.!!

I'm so upset that this has happened once again. I realize it is my fault for loaning the money in the first place, but there is so much more to the reason she (in this case) needs the money, which is why I did it.

We're not talking thousands of dollars or anything, but just $200, for three different things. Anyhow, it's my money and I want it back!! Her payday has come and gone. Then comes the attempted guilt trip of, "I'm going to sell (fill in the blank) so I can pay you, does that make you happy?!?!" Um, no, but that's just not my problem. You borrowed and owe me. Period.

I just wish people would learn to manage their money and not come to me for my hard earned cash.

~Still trying to get out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment