Thursday, August 6, 2009

Housesitting

I've been away from home this week, house/dog sitting. It's a nice way to make extra money but really hard to be away from your own surroundings...at least for me it is!

Some people get a lot of gigs like this, I'm not one of them as I only house/dog sit for one family. I don't post on any of the "sitting" sites offering these services.

Basically, you just need to take care of things as if it were your house like bringing in the mail, newspaper, milk (if it is delivered), watering plants/lawn, feeding pets and walking them...some housesitters also clean house. Cleaning up after yourself is a must!! Leave the house how you found it, or better.

Sometimes it can be hard to sleep well in someone else's house. But...the money I earn will be worth it...another chunk to my car loan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment