Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thought I did it...

Finally...I balanced my checkbook. I don't do this as often as I should but I know that I have money in there, I just never know how much there is. It's complicated, people owe me, I pay my mom's bills after she gives me the cash among other things, and it's hard to keep track of it all sometimes.

So...I had to do it because I knew I had SOME money and I'm so close to paying off my car. After I made all the calculations and figured how much money I need for food and car insurance before my next paycheck, I realized I had about $350 extra.

What does this mean?

I have the money to pay off my car!!!

So... I did!!! Or so I thought.

I looked at the balance, made a transfer and went to look at the $0.00 balance, but instead it said $0.05. Hmmm??? Oh yeah, a day's worth of interest on the balance I had.

My car isn't paid off yet.

I could make another transfer to my account, but instead I think I will go to the bank tomorrow and tell them I want to pay off my car. Then I can find out how to get the title for it.

So now, all the extra money I make goes to AMEX...my last debt!!!

Listening to Dave Ramsey and hearing callers stories has really kept me motivated in this journey. It was just what I needed and I found him at a good time...early this year when I started paying things off. If I remember correctly, I was driving to the Post Office to take some ebay packages when I heard him on AM radio. Around that same time, my local bank was offering a free trial subscription to mytotalmoneymakeover.com for a few months so I signed up.

Really, I don't know which of the two came first. Doesn't matter...I'm just glad I found him to keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment