Monday, February 8, 2010

Debt free friends?

Still waiting on housesitting money and my paycheck, but I had some eBay funds come in...so I updated the sidebar.

Many times in the past I was jealous of my friends when I would find out that they didn't have very much debt. It sort of made me feel like a loser for not being able to keep my debt under a few thousand dollars. For instance, I have a friend who has traveled quite a bit and lived in other countries for months at a time. One day we talked about credit cards and such, this is when I found out that her debt was somewhere around $1K and she could pay it off within a couple of months!

It was then that I realized she is able to travel and have fun, due to being nearly debt free, *and free spirited* :) She did not come from a wealthy family and everything she has, she earned.

She's only one of my friends who can do what she wants...because she's not tied down to credit cards... I'm almost there and hope to travel with her *again one day!!! *We took a trip in the US together once - it was one of the best trips I've been on!*

No comments:

Post a Comment