Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Planned on 9 months, only took 6

This afternoon I went to the bank because I had to deposit the $100.00 check my dad gave me and also some cash I have been lugging around. I don't like to have cash, because if I get robbed or it gets lost, I'll never see it again.

So, I went in and the Branch Manager who set up the loan against my car was there and helped me. I didn't tell her that I paid the car off, I guess because of feeling bad for still owing AMEX. When she looked at my account she paused and said, "You paid off your car? When did you do that?" I told her, "This morning!"

She was so happy for me and gave me a high-five. Then I told her that I have a little left to pay on the card. She couldn't remember when I took the loan out and asked; it was in October and at the time I told her my goal was to pay it off in 9 months...but it only took 6! SO cool!!

I balanced my checkbook and figured out how much I had in my account to transfer to AMEX, $450.00. The housesitting check will be coming soon and I get paid again next week. Also, I have $90 going into my account from eBay, and the 1st of next month I will be requesting another housesitting check for about $240.00. I also have to return some purchases and collect money owed to me for things I used my card for. This should cover the AMEX charges. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!!!WOW That is so amazing! You must be very proud of yourself! Nothing more inspiring than seeing someone else make it! You've worked really hard on this and deserve a huge pat on the back! Don't stop bloggin though...I want to hear where you go from here!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete