Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year...

So, it's a new year. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because I have a hard time keeping them. After all, shouldn't we strive to be better and reach higher goals daily and not just January 1st hoping it will last all year?

That being said, I (as I mentioned it in my last post) am proud of myself for paying off so much last year and sticking with my goal. It wasn't a New Year's resolution when I decided to get out of debt, I was just sick of being IN debt and was determined to get out.

I've never been much of a goal setter, and I feel like this is why I've never done anything HUGE. Many people think I've done so much, but I am my own worst critic...I want, or expect more from myself.

Not having defined goals makes it almost sad to think that soon I will be debt free. Although I know this is a GOOD thing, I don't have a big goal after this and need to come up with something. Of course I have a small list of things I need and want to do that involve money:

•Get health insurance!!!
•3-6 Month emergency fund
•Save for a better car
•Save for travel
•Take a class of some sort (this is frustrating)
•Save for retirement

Things I don't want:
•Marriage
•Children
•Pets
•Debt (the obvious)

What to do? How to figure it out? I love so much and can't narrow it down. I don't want to start something and not want it 100% in the end, or wish I had done something else.

Hmmm...traveling and soul searching may be needed.

Now I'm just rambling.

~P.S. I paid more to my loan on Friday with money that was in my PayPal account and extra in my checking account. New balance is $5,636.xx! Should get paid tomorrow and will update again.

No comments:

Post a Comment