Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No insurance

My throat has been hurting for about 7 days now, and about 5 days ago, I got white spots in my throat. Then it seemed to be getting worse so on the fourth day, I went to a clinic to get checked out. I was worried it was strep throat. The visit cost me about $50.00, the doc took a sample from my throat and ran the test, it was negative. I'm glad for that! I have so much going on right now that if I had to be isolated for the first 24 hours of antibiotics, I don't know what I would do!!

The doc told me that I may have mono (!) although it's too early to tell, and asked if I have been sleeping enough. The truth is, no, I haven't. I've been running my body to the ground which I know isn't good for anyone. So, he told me to get lots of rest, gargle with salt water 4-5 times a day, and that the spots and soreness should go away in time. He also told me that about 95% of the people he has seen with the same thing, were University students! They party and don't sleep enough.

Although I'm glad it isn't strep, it worries me. He also said it is probably just food stuck in the holes of my tonsils...gross!! That's part of what the gargling is for. Sick!

Today when I woke up, it seemed to feel a tiny bit better, I surely hope it gets better soon. I've been doing the salt water gargling which isn't too bad. I think the spots are about the same as they were yesterday.

Luckily there is a clinic for this type of thing which isn't too expensive when you don't have insurance. Even when I do get insurance, I will stick to an HSA, so I'll still have to pay for things like this.

At least it isn't the flu where I hurt all over and am miserable!!! I feel good...besides my throat. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment