Friday, September 17, 2010

I like New York...

New York City was a lot of fun and I really like that place! Went to a Mets game (free 12th row tickets behind home plate courtesy of some chick!), took a free ferry to Staten Island, pasta and wine in Little Italy and a quick trip to Central Park on a rainy day.

Didn't buy anything to bring back home, I don't believe it! All I wanted was a sweatshirt but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Seems like I spent lots of money on the taxis, the subway, the LIRR and Amtrak to NJ.

My friend's luggage didn't arrive and Delta did not deliver it until 60 hours after we arrived which was the day we were leaving. Actually, it took them about 36 hours to locate it...and it was a direct flight!

Poor guy had to go shopping and use some of my toiletries, I felt really bad for him but he was a great sport about it. He did have to do some shopping since all of his clothes were in the checked luggage.

We'll see what Delta has to say about this, an email has already been sent.

On another note, my poor friend was sick the whole time we were there. Our stomach flus were gone, but he had sinus issues and upon our return, I got sick! So now, I've been sick three time within a month...lame. I'm in bed now and just waiting to get better.

While we were gone, I left my car and $700 with a mechanic to fix the timing belt, water pump, bushings on both sides, oil change, brake fluid flush and fill and transmission fluid flush and fill. Since my car registration with safety and emissions ($160) are due this month and I just spent $700 on the car, plus $150 for two new tires and an alignment, I think I'll be keeping this car for at least another year to make it worth what I put into it. It drives a lot better too, since the bushings were changed. I definitely notice that!

I was just happy that this crazy car bill didn't set me back since I had money in the bank to cover it. It was a great feeling when I was able to go to the bank and withdraw $700 cash to pay for the car repairs rather than using a credit card!

Lovin this feeling and hope it stays forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment