Friday, October 8, 2010

Savings goal

Now that I'm debt free, I want to save money and have decided on an achievable monthly savings goal. The target is to save at least $1,000 per month.

So far this month, already $850 has gone into savings! The breakdown is:

$250: Paycheck overage
$550: Caretaking in September (just got the check today)
$ 50: eBay

Currently I'm waiting on a check for $160 for transportation services in September which will bump the total to $1,010! Plus, two more paychecks this month and more eBay which means at least $1,500 in savings this month...that's the plan. Really though, every month will be different and this month seems unusually high.

Besides that, I can't think of any other income I could possibly throw at the savings. Honestly, I never thought I would be able to save that much money.

I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment