Thursday, October 21, 2010

To be, or not to be...healthy

Not long ago, a wealthy someone I know passed away due to complications caused by diabetes. He still had another good 30 years or so to live, if he had only taken care of himself. This, to me, was a wake-up call...but I have just started to act on my feeling.

I don't want to be that person. I don't want to be wealthy and unhealthy, unable to enjoy what I've worked hard for. Therefore, I have decided to exercise on a regular basis. The goal is not to change my body, I don't think I need to lose weight...just want to be fit.

Last week was the first time I went to the gym in several months...since Zumba, which I quit going to. I went twice, Tuesday and Thursday. This week I went Monday and Wednesday, and plan on going tomorrow. The goal which is reasonable, is to go three times a week. I know this isn't much, but it's better than the non-exercise life I've been living! Oh, and now I'm actually using the gym membership I've been paying on month after month, even when I didn't use it!

Exercise, it makes me feel good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment