Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Furniture Store paid off!

Today I decided to go ahead and pay off my Furniture Store account -- $58.97!

I know it's not a lot, but it's the first to go!

Since I did my budget and realized that my monthly bills come to more than I make, I figured that it is going to take me longer to get out of debt and I really wanted to pay off this bill this week. So I paid the bill from my ING account which when I transfer money to it to cover my ebay fees, I send a litte bit more each time, therefore I had enough.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this is what I do to keep from scrambling for money when my ebay invoice is due. I look at my current ebay bill before transferring money from my PayPal account to my ING account and if my bill is $8.67, I send over maybe $12.00 or so. I keep track of the overage and each month I'm able to save a bit of extra money.

The next time I go to send money to my ING account, if my ebay bill is $13.05, I subtract $8.67 from $13.05 getting $4.38 and I'll send maybe $6.50 or so. Then again, I keep track of the overage so I know how much extra there is.

When my ebay bill is due, I make a payment to AMEX from my ING account and pay ebay. I would rather pay ebay with Amex rather than PayPal because this way I get Skymiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment