Thursday, February 5, 2009

Killing my food budget!

I used more of my food budget to buy milk (canned and carton) and bacon. Finding food on clearance is one of my weaknesses, ie. the canned milk! I purchased 40 cans of evaporated milk for 25 cents each, that's only $10 for all of them! Normally these cost about a dollar each so they were 75% off and are good until the end of this year.

This milk can be used for mac & cheese, rice pudding and coffee creamer. I'm not sure what else I can use it for.

So, I've used quite a bit of my food budget so far this month and need to cut back a bit. The good thing is, I have plenty of canned/boxed foods to last a while. What I don't have a lot of are meats so will watch for sales. Maybe I should get a bag of frozen vegetables too. Costco may be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment