Thursday, January 22, 2009

Car insurance, ebay and rambling

I just realized today when I went to make a partial payment for my car insurance that I am a month behind. I need to pay $122.34 by Sunday. BUT...this is do-able, since I am waiting for money to be transferred to my bank account from PayPal for ebay stuff that sold.

Today wasn't a busy ebay day, only sold 3 things with a profit of just over $20. It all adds up though and that's what I count on!

I really don't know how long it is going to take me to be debt free. I'm not really willing to live on rice and beans, not go to dinner with the girls once a month, rent movies on occasion, you know, all the things people do when they REALLY try. Been there, done that, didn't last, don't want to do it again.

What I am willing to do is think before I buy, which I've been doing for a while, and have a budget set. I used to buy things just because I wanted them or they were cute. But really, if you asked me right now if I NEED anything...I don't think so. Sure, it would be nice to have a better printer, nicer kitchen knives, um, that's about all I can think of right now...but...I don't NEED them. They are WANTS, and I can live with that.

My clothes aren't really that nice, I don't look for designer brands when I shop, it's not about that for me. I like pretty things, but buying stuff for the label feeds the ego. If I find something that I like and it's well made (name brand or not), it's worth it to me.

The fun thing about selling on ebay, for me, is that I get to go shopping...ha, listen to me, I "get to go shopping," and spend money, but I resell over 90% of what I buy. AND, I only buy things on sale! I feel like this fulfills my desire to shop.

As I mentioned in my last post (I think), if I could only get the stuff I buy listed for sale, I'd be in better shape...financially and mentally! So much clutter gets to my head.

Guess I better get to putting stuff in my ebay store! Good luck to you if you are selling on ebay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment