Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tasty dinner

My dinner today was a last minute decision. When the BF and I went shopping for groceries a few days ago we bought a package of eight chicken thighs which cost a few dollars. I had plans to make some crock pot chicken.

Anyhow, since I've not been in the best of moods lately I didn't even want to cook. But I did.

I wanted to see if I could make breaded chicken without using Shake 'n Bake. I pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees to get started. Out came the store brand bread crumbs that have been sitting in the cupboard, unopened, forever. Then I pulled out other spices and herbs. I put all the dry stuff in a bag.

In one bowl I added some milk, in another bowl, EV Olive Oil. I pulled out the chicken and dipped it in the oil, then the milk, then put it in the bag of spices/bread. Once I had the four pieces in there, I shook the bag.

The four chicken thighs went onto a cookie sheet and into the oven for about 45-55 minutes. After 30 minutes I lowered the heat to 350.

Mmmmm, mmm, mmm! Sooo good! My BF and I loved it!! He told me to write down what I did so I can make it again. :) We also had a baked potato and (canned) green beans.

Cheap and healthy, I'm happy about that.

Next shopping trip: Rubber oil brush and more EVOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment